Yesterday I spent about twelve hours installing, deinstalling and then reinstalling Ruby.
Phase 1
I downloaded all the software ... then, in spite of basic fundamental misgivings, I installed it on my main computer. Moral - trust your gut.
By about 6pm I realised that I no longer had internet access from my computer, so moved into phase 2.
Phase 2
I uninstalled all the added software, including numerous reboots. At the end of this, like about 9pm, I had my system almost back to where it was before I started. So now to Phase 3.
Phase 3
Copied all required s/w to a portable hard disk.
Removed my hard disk, installed a new one, created a Windows XP environment.
Had forgotten XP Service Pack 2. Uninstalled new hard drive, reinstalled old hard drive, copied XP Service Pack 2 to portable hard drive.
Uninstalled old hard drive. Reinstalled new hard drive. Installed XP Service pack 2. Installed Ruby, Subversion, MySQL. All working.
Phase 4
Documentation ... creating categories in my blog.
Sunday, 8 March 2009
Installation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment